Effective Project Teams
While working with others to complete projects is riddled with many challenges, the benefits of the synergistic team approach are boundless.
Ten ideas to increase your success with team projects include:
- Ensure that the team’s goals are specific, measurable, relevant, timed and known to all members.
- Make frequent reference to the goals.
- Share the leadership.
- Ensure that the roles and responsibilities are clear.
- Expect, regulate and resolve conflict.
- Treat mistakes as learning opportunities.
- Monitor and provide performance feedback.
- Communicate frequently, openly and honestly.
- Utilize all team members.
- Share the power.