Staying Professional: Un-emotional & Problem –Solving Oriented
We choose how we can respond to challenging situations. In difficult situations we may respond with anger or frustration if we are not practicing professionalism. Our goal is to consistently deal with challenging situations in a calm, productive manner.
Six ideas to increase success in staying unemotional problem–solving oriented include:
- Recognize your body’s physical warning signals that remaining unemotional will require extra effort, i.e. a tightness in your neck or shoulders or chest or hands or stomach; a flush in your face or body
- Take a step back mentally. See the bigger picture. Will this be important a week or a month from now?
- Take a step back physically. Reduce the extra adrenaline through movement.
- Buy time. Say: “I need to consider this.” or “I need to think this through.” or “I want to give this some thought”
- Anticipate your frustration with repeat offenders and plan your reaction to them.
- Smile and tell yourself “I don’t sweat the small stuff”… and smile again.
Our leadership skills training workshop provides the skills for performing positively and clearly to enhance your career and personal success.
Contact us today to find out how our Toronto based leadership skills training and other management skills and communication courses and workshops can help you build your professionalism.