Getting work done through others requires specialized skill and effort.
Eight ideas to increase your success with managing others include:
- Try to create complete jobs where there is a sense of ownership from start to finish.
- Give background information and strategic direction whenever you assign tasks.
- Sell change; demanding it can lead to sabotage. The approach to take is always to outline benefits to the individual.
- Allow people to find their own solutions by posing effective questions.
- Provide positive feedback own its own… not as an introduction to what needs to be done in the future.
- Focus on facts, not on judgments. Be specific; avoid any generalizations.
- Be willing to change your thinking.
- Remember people work better in a climate where fun is encouraged.