Strategies For Personal Success
Success means being able to answer “YES” to the following two questions:
- Are you happy with the way you spend your time?
- Are you happy with your relationships?
Six ideas to increase your personal success include:
- Take responsibility for whatever you are doing; however you are behaving, responding or thinking. Get out of the reactive mode and into the pro-active mode. You can always make choices.
- Develop your confidence by building your self-esteem; as a result, you will increase your productivity. Tell yourself “five things that are good about you” at least three times every day.
- Identify attainable and relevant goals. List the activities necessary to accomplish the goals and complete the activities. Every accomplishment counts.
- Communicate with power; assume the body language and the voice of a winner. Look and sound the part.
- Build your listening skills. No one has ever said, “I can’t stand how that person always listens to me.”
- How you think determines how you act; think positively. Don’t be so busy “awfulizing” that you miss the best parts of life. You can be as happy as you make up your mind to be.