Time is our most precious resource; it can never be replenished. Today, we are required to process and produce faster in the same amount of time.
Eleven ideas to increase your success in saving time include:
- Create a brochure for the most common questions you are asked.
- Use drafts for emails, letters, memos.
- Use check lists for repeated activities.
- Have regular scheduled meeting with your boss
- Meet at other people desks so you can make a faster exit.
- Don’t keep a chair at your desk so visitors won’t linger.
- Use quiet hour for A priorities
- Use body language that says “don’t interrupt me. i.e. – walk quickly; don’t look up
- Assert yourself – say no “you caught me at a bad time can it wait until ……”?
- Clean and organize your work space at the end of each day.
- Foster independence – help others find answers for themselves.