Minimizing Interruptions (Part I)
The person who interrupts you most often in a day can be… you.
Eight ideas to increase your success in minimizing interrupting yourself include:
- De-clutter your work space.
- Prepare before you start; gather all your required materials, equipment etc.
- Commit to finish whatever you start.
- Make outgoing phone calls at designated times.
- Schedule breaks at specific times.
- Turn off your email alert.
- Allow your telephone calls to go to voice mail if they are not the priority.
- Prevent potential crisis by planning and using time lines.