Leadership Skills – Feedback –
Letting people know how they’re doing or what you need is an important leadership responsibility
Five ideas to increase success with feedback include:
- When giving feedback, identify “actual” past behaviour.
- Focus on facts; never on judgments.
- Always ask… don’t give them the solution. Allow them identify the solutions to problems.
- Ask: Is there a reason? Is there an explanation?
- Focus on the future. Ask, “What can be done to fix it for the future?”
Our Toronto based leadership skills training workshop provides the skills for performing positively and clearly to enhance your career and personal success.