Toronto Assertiveness Training Workshop
Many job-related frustrations and stresses can be traced to discomfort in handling the following types of situations:
- Making difficult and unpopular requests of others
- Responding to unreasonable demands of others
- Saying no
- Disagreeing with someone’s ideas
We may avoid dealing with these types of situations or may offend others by coming on too strong.
Our Toronto based assertiveness training workshop will enable participants to act assertively by expressing feelings or thoughts directly and firmly with composure.
- To learn the assertiveness skills essential to getting your ideas, plans and feelings across with confidence and conviction
- To differentiate between aggressive behaviors which can create antagonism, assertive behavior and passive behaviors, which can hinder your performance
- To overcome any reluctance and to practice assertiveness appropriately in dealing with difficult situations
- To improve interpersonal relationships, job satisfaction and task accomplishment
- The benefits of assertiveness
- Differentiating aggressiveness, non- assertiveness and assertiveness
- Understanding your rights
- Increasing your self-esteem
- Using assertive non-verbal communication
- Being persuasive
- Using assertive language for negative feedback
- Saying no, without guilt
- Disagreeing diplomatically
- Controlling feelings and emotions
- Collaborating in conflict situations
- Learning how to not manipulate or be manipulated
- Recognizing when to confront & when to ignore
- Instructor presentation
- Full-group discussion
- Small-group interaction
- Individual exercises
- Practice exercises
Participants at the Toronto assertiveness training workshop are encouraged to send an email within three months following the training workshop and can expect a personal reply to assist with their learning experience.
Press Release: Being assertive takes lots of practice
Time: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Location: Madison Centre, 4950 Yonge Street, Toronto
This assertiveness skills training workshop can be delivered at your location in and outside of the Toronto area.
We will contact you by email to confirm your registration within one business day. At that time we will advise you on how to make payment by credit card or by corporate cheque.