Being assertive mean being respectful, realistic, and responsible.
Assertiveness is a communication skill that can only be learned, no one is born with it. By being assertive, you can minimize conflict, build confidence and improve relationships .
Ten tips to help you become to be more assertive.
- Work to understand the other person’s perspective.
- Know that it’s OK to disagree.
- Listen to differing points of view.
- Stay un-emotional.
- Stay problem-solving oriented.
- Treat the other person like your friend.
- Look for win/win outcomes.
- Use ‘I’ language statements e.g. ‘I think’ or ‘I feel’;
- Remove “You” from your statements.
- Practice being patient… lengthen your fuse.
Our Toronto based assertiveness skills training workshop provides the assertiveness skills essential to getting your ideas, plans and feelings across with confidence and conviction.
Contact us today to find out how our Toronto based assertiveness skills training and other communications skills courses and workshops can help you build your professionalism