“Change can be exhilarating when we do it, and, it can be debilitating when it is done to us.”
– Rosabeth Moss Kanter
Change is always coming. It’s essential to be able to move from coping to excelling
This one-day workshop will help participant get from where they are to where they need to be. It’s designed for all those people affected by change. Our Change Happens training will introduce skills to help participants transition from the old reality to the new reality.
We focus on three key areas:
- Nature of change asks participants to reflect on a change: how they felt, what they thought and what they did about the change.
- How change affects individuals demonstrates how people react to the transition from the old to the new. Participants rate their readiness for change and challenges they face during transition.
- Strategies for moving from coping to excelling with change evaluates participant’s readiness for change and provides stress management tools to equip people to transition successfully through a change.
Participants will learn:
- To understand the nature and impact of change
- To change reactions to change from counter productive to productive
- To implement strategies to transition successfully through change
- Nature of change
- How change affects individuals
- Why people embrace or resist change
- Reaction to change
- Understand your level of readiness for change
- Developing your own resilience towards change.
- Requirements for effective change
- Key steps to managing change
- What questions to ask
- Strategies for coping with change
- Defining the change
- Leading change
- Overcoming Resistance to change
- Implementing the change
- Managing the people affected by change
- Instructor presentation
- Full-group discussion
- Small-group interaction
- Assessments, and job aids
Participants are encouraged to come prepared with an example of a change initiative affecting them. By applying the tools and techniques to their own situations they will have an action plan they can apply.
Participants at the Toronto Change Happens training workshop are encouraged to send an email within three months following the training workshop and can expect a personal reply to assist with their learning experience.