Leadership – Problem-Solving Skills – Tips of the Week
Before committing to important decisions it’s wise to invest time and effort in considering the issue and alternate solutions.
Six ideas to increase your success in problem-solving include:
- Identify the problem – state the problem in the form of several different questions.
- Identify the solution criteria – On what basis should you make the decision? What will the solution look like? What concerns will you have addressed? What factors need to be considered?
- Identify all of the possible causes of the problem.
- Generate alternatives/ideas considering all of the questions framed when identifying the problem; all of the solution criteria and all of the possible causes.
- Select the best alternatives using the solution criteria.
- After implementation, follow-up to confirm the success of your problem-solving process.
Our Toronto leadership training workshops provides leadership strategies and techniques to shape your performance as a supervisor or team leader. The course will assist you to influence others.
Contact us today to find out how our Toronto based leadership skills training seminars and other communications skills supervisory skills courses can help you build your professionalism