Negotiating Skills –
Negotiation is part of every interaction.
Four ideas to increase negotiating success include:
- Identify your limits – Know “when to fold ‘em” i.e. when to walk away.
- Use silence to gain more information and more power.
- Think of compromise …the 50/50 split, as your fallback strategy.
- Collaboration, where you both discover common ground and mutual benefits is the best approach
- Ask questions like:
- What will it take to make a deal?
- What will it take to fix this conflict?
- What will it take to gain your trust?
- What will it take to make you happy you?
- What will it take to resolve this?
Our Toronto based Negotiating skills training workshop takes the mystery out of negotiating. Focus on understanding five negotiating strategies and counter strategies and developing techniques to handle negotiations.
Contact us today to find out how our Toronto based Negotiating skills training and other management skills and leadership seminars, courses and workshops can help you build your professionalism.