Time Management – Interruptions (Part II)
We are sometimes responsible for inviting others to interrupt us.
Seven ideas to increase your success in reducing invitations to interrupt you include:
- Remove the “bait” from your work area i.e. sweets for others to share.
- Be less willing to make small talk.
- Stop saying – “Drop by any time”
- Make yourself less accessible by working with your back to the passageway.
- Don’t hesitate to tell people you’re working on a pressing priority
- Stop setting a bad example by interrupting others.
- Walk with a purpose; move quickly to communicate that you are busy and less inviting.
Our Toronto based time management skills training workshop provides the time management skills essential zero in on the areas that will provide the greatest return. Participants develop the methods to step out of the states of overwhelm, frustration, disorder, anxiety and lack of control into the state of mastery and satisfaction.
Contact us today to find out how our Toronto based time management skills training and other communications skills and leadership courses and workshops can help you build your professionalism.