Communication Skills –
You may need to be more sensitive when you disagree with your boss or a client or a team member in a team meeting
Six ideas to increase your success in disagreeing diplomatically include:
- Start by restating or paraphrasing what you believe the other person has said. This will demonstrate your understanding.
- Keep a neutral tone and positive body language.
- Check for their agreement… if they don’t verbalize their agreement, are they nodding?
- Keep restating until you get their agreement.
- Value their position, feelings or thoughts by outlining what you believe is the worth of their position. “I can see the value in…”
- Always add however… avoid using “but”.
- Finally present your differing views, opinions or alternate suggestions.
Our Toronto based communication skills training course provides the communication skills for performing positively and clearly to enhance your career and personal success.
We can help you build your professionalism! Contact us today to find out how our Toronto based communication skills training courses and other management skills and leadership seminars and workshops.