Communication Skills – Questioning Effectively –
Ask questions to:
- Demonstrate interest
- Express concern
- Introduce new ideas
- Help others to learn.
Eight ideas to increase your ability to ask questions include:
- Encourage an environment where questions are welcome.
- Encourage questions.
- Be candid when you answer.
- Remember the KISS rule. Keep It Short and Simple.
- Keep your question 10 words or less.
- Ask only one question at a time.
- Consider the three “RIGHT’s”: Is it the right time, right way, right person.
- Start with an open question to invite information. i.e. “Tell me about…?” or How…? or What…?
Our Toronto based communication skills training workshop provides the communication skills for performing positively and clearly to enhance your career and personal success.
Contact us today to find out how our Toronto based communication skills training and other management skills and leadership courses and workshops can help you build your professionalism.