Dealing With Difficult People – Introducing Change –
Most people resist change. Is seems to be a natural response. To introduce change, anticipate resistance and make plans to overcome it.
Six ideas to increase success include:
- If you want commitment, Involve people in the planning process as soon as possible. Participation leads to commitment.
- Explain the upcoming change and why the change is needed. Outline the benefits of the change to the individual(s).
- Outline how the change will affect the individual(s). Demonstrate the careful considerations you have made before making the decision..
- Ask for their concerns first. There are always concerns so give the process time.
- Ask for their questions second..
- Ask for support in making the change work, i.e. “Can I count on you to make this change?”
Our Toronto based dealing with Difficult People skills training workshop and our Developing Emotional Intelligence skills training workshop provide the skills to master challenging situations.
Contact us today to find out how our Toronto based time management skills training and other communications skills and leadership courses and workshops can help you build your professionalism