Dealing With Difficult People –
Many people are reluctant to deal with difficult people and say what they need to say because it may result in the other person having a negative reaction. Looking after your needs and expressing your concerns is essential to your good health and success.
Six ideas to increase your success in confronting difficult people include:
- Identify the specific offending behavior.
- Describe the others person’s behavior that causes you concern. Be specific and describe the actions, not the person’s motives or goals. .
- Ask explicitly for a change in their behavior. Express the need for change in positive manner, as a goal to be achieved in the future.
- Request a small change; never a series of changes.
- Specify the concrete action you want the person to stop or those actions you want the person to perform.
- Always recognize and be respectful of the other person’s needs.
Our conflict management workshop and our dealing with difficult people workshop provides strategies and techniques to resolve conflict in everyday situations. Our conflicts resolution in a union environment workshop is specific designed for handling challenging union issues. Each training courses can be delivered at your location or in our location in Toronto.
Contact us today to find out how our training programs and workshops related to communications skills and leadership skills can help you build your professionalism.