Introducing Change –
Resistance is the natural response to change. Introduce change by anticipating resistance. Formulate way to overcome it.
Eight ideas to increase success include:
- Involve people in the planning process as soon as possible. Participation leads to commitment.
- Explain the change and why it’s necessary.
- Highlight the benefits of the change to the individual(s).
- Show how the change will affect the individual(s).
- Share the careful considerations you have made before making the decision..
- Ask for their concerns first.
- Ask for their questions second.
- Ask for support, i.e. “Can I count on you to make this change?”
Our Toronto based Dealing with Difficult People skills training workshop and our Developing Emotional Intelligence skills training workshop provide the skills to master challenging situations.
Contact us today to find out how our Toronto based time management skills training and other communications skills and leadership courses and workshops can help you build your professionalism