Leadership – Build Your Patience
The ability to give a process time is not always naturally inherited. Waiting for outcomes can be unduly stressful for us as we journey with the ever-increasing speed of modern life.
Six ideas to increase your success with building your patience include:
- Recognize that an attempt may not be entirely successful but it will always provide a learning opportunity.
- Use waiting situations as conscious opportunities to cultivate your patience… i.e. waiting in line or in traffic.
- Guard against acting on impulse. Practice taking more time even when you know you don’t need it.
- Take at least one minute to gain perspective and consider the big picture.
- Deal with what is real as opposed to what “could happen”.
- Avoid picking up the bad habits of impatient people who surround you.
Our Toronto leadership training course provides leadership strategies and techniques to shape your performance as a supervisor or team leader. The program will assist you to influence others.
Contact us today to find out how our Toronto based leadership skills training seminars and other communications skills supervisory skills workshops can help you build your professionalism