There is never a time when you can’t use negotiating skills!
Seven ideas to increase negotiating success include:
- Know “when to fold ‘em”; know when to walk away.
- Use silence to gain more information
- Recognize that information is power.
- Know that compromise is a fallback strategy if something is important to you.
- Collaborate when something is important to you. Take the time to invest in discovery and discussion.
- Find common goals and mutual benefits
- Ask questions like:
- What will it take to make this happen?
- What will it take to fix this situation?
- What will it take to earn your trust?
- What will it take to make you happy?
- What will it take to fix this?
Our Toronto based Negotiating skills training workshop takes the mystery out of negotiating. Focus on understanding five negotiating strategies and counter strategies and developing techniques to handle negotiations.
Contact us today to find out how our Toronto based Negotiating skills training and other management skills and leadership seminars, courses and workshops can help you build your professionalism.