Assertiveness Skills –
Being assertive means being respectful, realistic, and responsible.
It’s a communication skill that can only be learned. It can minimize conflict, build confidence and improve relationships .
Ten tips to help you become to be more assertive.
- Work at understanding the other person’s point of view.
- It’s OK to agree to disagree.
- Be open to a different point of view.
- Stay calm, un-emotional, relaxed.
- Take a problem-solving approach.
- View the other person as your ally not your enemy.
- Consider how you can both win.
- Use ‘I’ language statements e.g. ‘I think’ or ‘I feel’; t
- Eliminate “You” from your statements.
- Be patient… practice extending your fuse.
Our Toronto based assertiveness skills training workshop provides the assertiveness skills essential to getting your ideas, plans and feelings across with confidence and conviction.
Contact us today to find out how our Toronto based assertiveness skills training and other communications skills courses and workshops can help you build your professionalism.