Assertiveness Skills – T
he 3 R’s of assertive behavior mean being respectful, realistic, and responsible.
Assertiveness is a communication skill that can only be learned you aren’t born with it. With it, you can minimize conflict, build confidence and improve relationships .
Ten tips to help you become to be more assertive.
1. Seek to understand the other person’s point of view.
2. Accept that it’s OK to disagree.
3. Listen to a various points of view.
4. Stay un-emotional.
5. Remain problem-solving oriented.
6. See the other person as your friend..
7. Look for win/win solutions.
8. Use ‘I’ language statements e.g. ‘I think’ or ‘I feel’;
9. Remove “You” from your statements.
10. Practice being patient… extend your fuse.
Our Toronto based assertiveness skills training workshop provides the assertiveness skills essential to getting your ideas, plans and feelings across with confidence and conviction.
Contact us today to find out how our Toronto based assertiveness skills training and other communications skills courses and workshops can help you build your professionalism