The idea is to get your message across with less effort and greater impact.
Three ideas to increase success include:
- Before you write, consider your purpose. What do you want to accomplish? What do you want your reader to do?
- State your purpose or your writing in the first sentence.
- Replace business clichés with conversational words.
- along the lines of like
- at which time when
- for the purpose of for
- for the reason that since, because
- in order to, in order that to, so
- in regard to about
- in the event of if
- in the near future soon, shortly
Our Toronto based business writing skills workshop provides strategies and techniques to sharpen your business writing skills.
Contact us today to find out how our business writing skills training and other communications skills courses and workshops can help you build your professionalism. Our public workshops take place in Toronto.