People resist change naturally. The right formula can overcome their resistance.
Eight ideas to increase success include:
- Invite participation to gain commitment.
- Outline why the change is necessary.
- Highlight the benefits of the change to the individual(s).
- Discuss how the change will impact those involved.
- Share the considerations you’ve made before the decision to change.
- Ask for their concerns.
- Ask for their questions.
- Request their support by asking “Can I count on you to make this change?”
Our Toronto based Dealing with Difficult People skills training workshop and our Developing Emotional Intelligence skills training workshop provide the skills to master challenging situations.
Contact us today to find out how our Toronto based time management skills training and other communications skills and leadership courses and workshops can help you build your professionalism