Expect resistance to change as it’s the natural response. Be ready to overcome the resistance by following a formula to introduce change.
Eight ideas to increase success include:
- Participation leads to commitment so involve people in the planning process as soon as possible.
- Explain the change and why the change is necessary.
- Focus on the benefits of the change to the individual(s).
- Outline how the change will impact.
- Highlight the careful thought you have given before making the decision..
- Ask if they have any concerns.
- Ask if they have any questions.
- Ask for their support, i.e. “Can I count on you to make this change?”
Our Toronto based Dealing with Difficult People skills training workshop and our Developing Emotional Intelligence skills training workshop provide the skills to master challenging situations.
Contact us today to find out how our Toronto based time management skills training and other communications skills and leadership courses and workshops can help you build your professionalism