Communication Skills – Complimenting Others – Tips of the Week
Compliments are fertilizer for people. If you complement, people with improve and grow.
Six ideas to increase your success in complimenting others include:
- Be specific. Broad statements like “great job” are not as effective as specific statements like “I appreciate the fact that your reports are always on time.”
- Be real. Compliment when the praise is deserved not just because you are in a good mood.
- Be timely. Make complimenting a priority.
- Be daily. Look for opportunities to make people feel good about themselves each day.
- Be singular. Avoid stringing compliments together.
- Be genuine. Avoid complimenting before making a special request.
Our Toronto based communication skills training workshop provides the communication skills for performing positively and clearly to enhance your career and personal success.
Contact us today to find out how our Toronto based communication skills training and other management skills and leadership courses and workshops can help you build your professionalism