Communication Skills – Giving Feedback
Informing someone that they have not met your expectations is challenging. If it’s not handled well it can result in their becoming defensiveness or resentmentful.
Six ideas to increase your success in giving feedback in a problem situation include:
- Make sure you deliver your feedback in private.
- Be respectful of the individual; focus on the problem or the situation, not the individual.
- Be timely… as soon as possible is always best.
- Provide facts; avoid judgments.
- Provide all the details and be specific.
- End with a question.
Our Toronto based communication skills training workshop provides the communication skills for performing positively and clearly to enhance your career and personal success.
Contact us today to find out how our Toronto based communication skills training and other management skills and leadership courses and workshops can help you build your professionalism.