Communication Skills – Listening –
Multitasking and listening do not go together… Listening needs to be a singular activity. Listening is also the most under-utilized skill. We all need to work at effective listening.
Eleven ideas to increase success with listening include:
- Get rid of other thoughts.
- Listen to learn.
- Take responsibility for listening.
- Stay focused during boring or repetitive presentation.
- Take notes to help stay tuned in.
- Seek clarification and practice confirming information.
- Look directly at the speaker.
- Maintain a positive or neutral facial expression
- Maintain good posture.
- Accept information by nodding to demonstrate interest.
Our Toronto based communication skills training workshop provides the communication skills for performing positively and clearly to enhance your career and personal success.
Build your professionalism with our communication skills training and other management and leadership courses and workshops and seminars.