Communication Skills – Listening –
Listening needs to be a singular act. We are so used to multitasking and have increased our activity levels so dramatically. Listening has become the most under used communications skill. We need to re-learn the art of effective listening.
Nine ideas to increase success with listening include:
- Clear your thoughts.
- See each interaction as an opportunity – you can never learn less.
- Work at listening for ideas.
- Take responsibility for listening. If a speaker is boring or repetitive take notes to say focused.
- Confirm and clarify when appropriate
- Maintain eye contact.
- Maintain positive facial expression & posture.
- Provide non-verbal signals like nodding to demonstrate interest.
Our Toronto based communication skills training workshop provides the communication skills for performing positively and clearly to enhance your career and personal success.
Build your professionalism with our communication skills training and other management and leadership courses and workshops and seminars.