Communication Skills– Tips of the Week
Knowing how to ask or how to make a requests is an art.
Nine ideas to increase your success in asking include:
1. Know what you really need or want.
2. Be specific with regard to time frame or quantity.
3. Ask the right person. Identify the decision maker or the person who has control.
4. Prepare your case including the benefits to the person you are asking.
5. Be prepared to give in order to receive.
6. Overcome your reluctance to asking.
7. Request or invite; never demand or beg.
8. Show respect.
9. Ask …and keep asking. Persistence does pay off.
Our communication skills training workshop provides the communication skills for performing positively and clearly to enhance your career and personal success.
Contact us today to find out how our Toronto based communication skills training and other management skills and leadership courses and workshops can help you build your professionalism.