Communication Skills Via Telephone – Tips of the Week
From the way that you handle yourself on the telephone, your caller can quickly assess whether you are:
Ten ideas to increase your success with the telephone include:
- Remember it’s 10% what you say and 80% the way you say it that counts on the phone.
- Be prepared to make a written record of all information.
- Be on stage – assume a “professional ” role – unemotional, problem-solving oriented.
- Practice consistency.
- Regularly critique yourself. Try to get feedback from others that you trust.
- Smile as you speak.
- Never show agitation or fatigue; end the call graciously and call back when you’re composed.
- Project energy
- Provide a positive approach by focusing on what you can do.
- Listen to voice mails you leave and eliminate your “ums” or “ahs” by closing your lips at the end of each sentence.
Our communication skills training workshop provides the communication skills for performing positively and clearly to enhance your career and personal success.
Contact us today to find out how our Toronto based communication skills training and other management skills and leadership courses and workshops can help you build your professionalism.