How to be Professional? The key is to be unemotional & problem –solving focused.
We can always decide how we want to respond to difficult situations. In a challenging situations we could respond with anger or frustration if we’re not practicing professionalism. Our objective is to continually deal with these situations in an effective manner.
Five ideas to increase success in staying unemotional problem–solving focused include:
- Pay attention to your physical warning signs, Notice the tightness in your neck or shoulders or chest or hands or stomach; feel the additional heat in your face or body
- See the big picture. Will this be important a week; a month; a year?
- Reduce the extra adrenaline by moving.
- Anticipate your frustration with repeat offenders and plan your reaction to them.
- Smile and remind yourself not to sweat the small stuff”… then smile again.
Our leadership skills training workshop provides the skills for performing positively and clearly to enhance your career and personal success.
Contact us today to find out how our Toronto based leadership skills training and other management skills and communication courses and workshops can help you build your professionalism.