Leadership Skills – Feedback –
People like to know how they’re doing! Since they can’t read your mind it’s key to let them know what you need!
Six ideas to increase success with feedback include:
- Focus on discussing “real” past behaviour.
- Always focus on facts; never share judgments or opinions.
- Work at asking rather than providing the solution.
- Permit them to identify the solutions to problems.
- Frequently ask: Is there a reason? Is there an explanation?
- Focus on the future. For example, ask “What can be done to fix it for the future?”
Our Toronto based leadership skills training workshop provides the skills for performing positively and clearly to enhance your career and personal success.