Providing helpful feedback frequently let’s people know you’re there to help.
Six ideas to increase success with feedback include:
- Discuss “real” performance based on facts.
- Forget judgments or opinions.
- Invite rather than providing the solution.
- Encourage the formulation of solutions to problems.
- Frequently ask: Is there a reason? Is there an explanation?
- Fix problems for the future. Ask “What can be done next time around?”
Our Toronto based leadership skills training workshop provides the skills for performing positively and clearly to enhance your career and personal success.