Minimizing Interruptions (Part II)
We are sometimes responsible for inviting others to interrupt us.
Seven ideas to increase your success in reducing invitations to interrupt you include:
- Remove the “bait” from your work area i.e. sweets for others to share.
- Be less willing to make small talk.
- Stop saying – “Drop by any time”
- Make yourself less accessible by working with your back to the passageway.
- Don’t hesitate to tell people you’re working on a pressing priority
- Stop setting a bad example by interrupting others.
- Walk with a purpose; move quickly to communicate that you are busy and less inviting.