The idea is to get your message across with less effort and greater impact.
Six ideas to increase success include:
- Before you write, consider your purpose.
- What do you want to accomplish?
- What do you want them to do?
- State your purpose in the first sentence.
- Replace business clichés with conversational words.
- along the lines of like
- at which time when
- for the purpose of for
- for the reason that since, because
- in order to, in order that to, so
- in regard to about
- in the event of if
- in the near future soon, shortly
- Establish an appropriate tone by focusing on the reader. Replace some of your “I’s and we’s“ with “you”
- Accentuate the positive by telling what you can do. Always state your ideas in positive terms.
- Use bullets and numbers to make your writing easier to understand and easier to read.