Communication Skills –
Whenever you need to disagree with your boss or a client or a team member in a team meeting, you need to disagree diplomatically.
Seven ideas to increase your success in disagreeing diplomatically include:
- Always restate your understanding of the other person’s position, to demonstrate your understanding.
- Maintain a neutral tone
- Maintain positive body language.
- Seek for their acceptance of your perception… if they don’t say they agree, are they nodding?
- Restate until you get their agreement.
- Value their position, feelings or thoughts by identifying what you believe to be the worth of their position. Say, “I can see the value of…”
- Always add however… never “but” before introducing your position.
- Share your differing opinions, strategies or alternate recommendations.
Our Toronto based communication skills training course provides the communication skills for performing positively and clearly to enhance your career and personal success.
We can help you build your professionalism! Contact us today to find out how our Toronto based communication skills training courses and other management skills and leadership seminars and workshops.