Don’t underestimate the value of paying attention to your appearance and behaviours. Your clothing, facial expression, body language and manners speak volumes. It takes just a moment to make a lasting impression.
Five ideas to increase your first impression communication success include:
- Focus on their eyes until you’ve determined their colour. It usually 2-3 seconds.
- Repeat and use their name to build rapport.
- Practice brevity. Make your point and stop talking!
- Speak only 3 sentences at a time.
- Only provide more detail if they ask for it.
Our Toronto based Communication skills training workshop provides the communication skills for performing positively and clearly to enhance your career and personal success.
Contact us today to find out how our Toronto based communication skills training and other management skills and leadership courses and workshops can help you build your professionalism.