Communication Skills – Asking Questions –
Skillful questioning is an art! Ask questions to:
- Show your interest
- Express concern
- Suggest new ideas
- Teach others
Five ideas to increase your ability to ask questions include:
- Keep It Short and Simple. (KISS Rule)
- Restrict your questions to10 words or less.
- Ask only one question at a time.
- Consider the three “RIGHT’s”: Is it the right time, right way, right person.
- Start with an open question to invite information. i.e. “Tell me about…?” or How…? or What…?
Our Toronto based communication skills training workshop provides the communication skills for performing positively and clearly to enhance your career and personal success.
Contact us today to find out how our Toronto based communication skills training and other management skills and leadership courses and workshops can help you build your professionalism.