Communication Skills – Listening –
Listening needs to be a focused activity. Multitasking and listening do not mix. Listening is the most under used communications skill. We need to work hard at effective listening.
Eleven ideas to increase success with listening include:
- Remove other thoughts.
- Listen intently – you can’t learn less.
- Listen for ideas or the essence.
- Be responsible for listening.
- Stay focused even if the speaker is boring or repetitive
- Take notes to say focused.
- Confirm and clarify frequently
- Maintain eye contact.
- Maintain positive facial expression
- Maintain alert posture.
- Nod to demonstrate interest.
Our Toronto based communication skills training workshop provides the communication skills for performing positively and clearly to enhance your career and personal success.
Build your professionalism with our communication skills training and other management and leadership courses and workshops and seminars.