Knowing How to Ask
Making requests is an art.
Nine ideas to increase your success in asking include:
1. Know what you really need or want.
2. Be specific with regard to time frame or quantity.
3. Ask the right person. Identify the decision maker or the person who has control.
4. Prepare your case including the benefits to the person you are asking.
5. Be prepared to give in order to receive.
6. Overcome your reluctance to asking.
7. Request or invite; never demand or beg.
8. Show respect.
9. Ask …and keep asking. Persistence does pay off.