Crisis Prevention & Management
You can’t turn on a dime if you’re always fumbling and trying to recover from crisis.
Twelve ideas to increase your success in avoiding & managing crisis include:
- Identify your priorities and consistently work on what counts.
- Stay focused. Finish your tasks before moving to another.
- Anticipate potential crisis develop alternate solutions.
- Overestimate the time required to complete tasks.
- Turn a crisis into an opportunity to demonstrate your talent.
- Stay calm.
- Use extra adrenaline to find solutions.
- Think & plan – – Run the crisis… avoid creating a second crisis by acting too quickly.
- Delegate what you can but don’t start another fire.
- Ask yourself: What’s your A1 priority.
- Have all affected parties participate in generating possible solutions to the problem.
- Set up controls to ensure the situation doesn’t recur.