Developing Your Leadership Skills
Your leadership ability could be your greatest asset.
Seven ideas to increase your success with leading others include:
- Be a work in progress. Those who think they have arrived have the furthest to go… continue to learn.
- Listen and look for opportunities to grow as a person and as a leader.
- Work hard at understanding others intentions, feelings and ideas.
- Be authentic. Sincerity is intuited.
- Follow through with any promises or commitments.
- Recognize others’ contributions; celebrate achievements; acknowledge effort.
- Provide positive and negative feedback separately otherwise the positive feedback may only be perceived as “the warm up”.