Getting work done through others requires specialized skill and effort. Eight ideas to increase your success with managing others include:
1. Try to create complete jobs where there is a sense of ownership from start to finish.
2. Give background information and strategic direction whenever you assign tasks.
3. Sell change; demanding it can lead to sabotage. The approach to take is always to outline benefits to the individual.
4. Allow people to find their own solutions by posing effective questions.
5. Provide positive feedback own its own… not as an introduction to what needs to be done in the future.
6. Focus on facts, not on judgments. Be specific; avoid any generalizations.
7. Be willing to change your thinking.
8. Remember people work better in a climate where fun is encouraged.