Even with the best plans, crisis can occur. They provide opportunities for you to demonstrate you ability and talent.
Seven ideas to increase your success in dealing with crisis include:
- Stay cool.
- Think & plan – – run the crisis like a special project considering possible solutions, time lines, resources, impact, and responsibilities.
- Use the extra adrenaline you are generating to find possible solutions.
- Have all affected parties participate in generating possible solutions.
- Delegate what you can but don’t start another fire.
- Ask yourself: “What’s your A1 priority?”
- Set up controls to ensure the situation doesn’t recur.