Leadership – Conflict –
Conflict can leads to progress if it’s handled well. Look for the opportunity to make positive changes.
Ten ideas to increase your success in dealing with conflict include:
- Give the conflict process time.
- Reduce stress by not rushing decisions.
- Find any common ground and/or any common goals.
- Listen to the message carefully; avoid judging the delivery
- Remain unemotional, fact focused, problem-solving oriented.
- Show that you understand by repeating important points they present.
- Ask the other person to repeat what you said to ensure their understanding of your position.
- Negotiate differences.
- Ask questions like “What would it take to fix this?”
- Find areas of disagreement and then brainstorm to develop possible solutions for each area.
Our conflict management training provides strategies and techniques to resolve conflict in everyday situations. Our conflicts resolution in a union environment workshop is specific designed for handling challenging union issues. Each training courses can be delivered at your location or in our location in Toronto.
Contact us today to find out how our training programs and workshops related to communications skills and leadership skills can help you build your professionalism.