Being able to say what needs to be said diplomatically is an essential skill.
Nine ideas to increase your success in disagreeing diplomatically include:
- Repeat the other person’s position to demonstrate your understanding.
- Look for indication that you’ve captured their views… if they don’t say they agree, are they nodding?
- Restate until you get their agreement.
- Value their position. Say, “I can see the value of…”
- Always follow with “however”… never “but, before introducing your position.
- Discuss your differing opinions, strategies, options or alternate recommendations.
- Keep you tone of voice neutral.
- Use neutral facial expression.
- Use relaxed body language.
Our Toronto based communication skills training course provides the communication skills for performing positively and clearly to enhance your career and personal success.
We can help you build your professionalism! Contact us today to find out how our Toronto based communication skills training courses and other management skills and leadership seminars and workshops.