The key to being seen as a professional is to be able to be unemotional & problem –solving oriented.
We can decide on how we choose to act in any situations. In a difficult situation we might respond with anger or frustration if we’re not choosing to be professional. Our goal is to maintain our cool and calm deportment.
Five ideas to increase success in staying professional include:
- Be aware your emotional warning signals. Notice the tightness in your neck or shoulders or chest or hands or stomach; feel the additional heat in your face or body
- Try to see the big picture. How important will this be in a week; a month; a year?
- Move around to reduce extra adrenaline.
- Plan how you’ll respond to repeat offenders.
- Remember not to sweat the small stuff… then smile.
Our leadership skills training workshop provides the skills for performing positively and clearly to enhance your career and personal success.
Contact us today to find out how our Toronto based leadership skills training and other management skills and communication courses and workshops can help you build your professionalism.