Leadership – Conflict –
While conflict is unavoidable, it’s also what leads to progress!
Eight ideas to increase your success in dealing with conflict include:
- Give the process time. Don’t increase stress by rushing decisions.
- Look for common ground and/or common goals.
- Listen to the message not the delivery
- Stay unemotional, problem-solving oriented.
- Demonstrate your understanding by repeating their position.
- Ask the other person to repeat what you said to demonstrate their understanding of your position.
- Negotiate differences by asking questions like “How can we resolve this…?”
- Identify areas of disagreement and then brainstorm to develop possible solutions for each area.
Our conflict management training provides strategies and techniques to resolve conflict in everyday situations. Our conflicts resolution in a union environment workshop is specific designed for handling challenging union issues. Each training courses can be delivered at your location or in our location in Toronto.
Contact us today to find out how our training programs and workshops related to communications skills and leadership skills can help you build your professionalism.