Turn conflict into opportunities to improve.
Ten ideas to increase your success in dealing with conflict include:
- Recognize that conflicts need time to reach resolution.
- Take time to make decisions.
- Find shared interests or goals.
- Listen to the intent of the message; refrain from judging the delivery
- Stay unemotional, fact focused, problem-solving.
- Repeat the important points they share to show them you understand them.
- Check their understanding by asking them to repeat what you’ve said.
- Look for middle ground.
- Ask “What would it take to resolve this?”
- Brainstorm possible solutions to resolve area of difference.
Our conflict management training provides strategies and techniques to resolve conflict in everyday situations. Our conflicts resolution in a union environment workshop is specific designed for handling challenging union issues. Each training courses can be delivered at your location or in our location in Toronto.
Contact us today to find out how our training programs and workshops related to communications skills and leadership skills can help you build your professionalism.